Background

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weapon of Mass Consumption

Wandering my way through the Anthropologie website is enough to make me quit this whole grad school thing and put that tuition money towards ordering their entire winter collection. Money well spent, right?  Perhaps I would regret that decision in the coming weeks. *ponders this* Hmm. Nope - it'd be really difficult to be sad with this hanging in my closet. I'd have nowhere to wear it, yes, but that's not important. (Hi Dad! Just kidding! PS - Need money for Trader Joe's!)

So, may I present:

{Adorable Things I COULD Have Spent My Tuition Money On}

1) See link above. Or click here. That, my friends, is autumn summed up in one piece of clothing. Unfortunately, my current geographic location didn't get the memo about the seasons changing and it's still 112 degrees here. (Also unfortunately, it's ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS! But, since we're spending my tuition money, we'll just refer to it as "half an hour of a lecture on Poe"). 

2) Since, as mentioned, it's 112 degrees here, it does seem a little absurd to be shopping for coats. I freely admit this. However, if I were to own this one, I'd just turn up the air conditioning and wear it anyway, because, hello! That is a coat that needs to be shown off despite the weather forecaster's cheery predictions of triple digit heat.

3) However, since I'll have spent my tuition money, I'd likely move back home where the temperature sits at a balmy 60 degrees. Which would give me an excellent excuse to wear this cozy, can't-help-but-smile cardigan, or 


5) Hmm. Still have tuition money left. Well...why walk to Starbucks when I could drive to Starbucks?

6) Okay, that last one probably put me over, but here's one last item. Doesn't that just make you want to curl up and read Emma? That's what it makes me want to do. Except reading a classic novel would likely only remind me of my dream of getting that MA. Quandary. 

So, there you go. Thanks for helping me avoid my textbooks for a little while. Because, contrary to my daydreams of spending that money on the above, I did, in fact, spend it on filling my brain with useful factoids about T.S. Eliot's alleged anti-semitism and the scandal of Shakespeare's famous sonnets. Everything's more fun when it's controversial. Have a great week ~ I'm off to read Emma while cozily ensconced in my well-worn Target bedding.


1 comment: